As a producer of industrial batteries under the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009, we Shield Batteries Ltd produce lead acid industrial batteries. We are obliged to take back free of charge, waste industrial batteries supplied to an end user for treatment and recycling. We are required to do this in any calendar year we place new industrial batteries on the market. If any of our customers or in certain cases other end users, require us to take back Industrial batteries, they should contact us at:-
Shield Batteries Ltd
277 Stansted Road, Bishops Stortford,
Tel:- 01279 652067
We will agree the necessary arrangements for the return, proper treatment and recycling of the waste industrial batteries.
How it works
We will provide you with one or more containers, Battery Bins, to store your waste batteries safely as they arise. When the container is nearly full, you simply contact SEC UK Batteries, and we will arrange to remove the full bin and leave an empty one in its place. It is important that you monitor your Battery Bin to ensure you give us adequate notice to plan your collection, rather than waiting for it to be filled before calling us.
Battery types collected
We can collect and recycle any kind of waste battery chemistry, from small button cells used in watches to large industrial batteries used in fork lift trucks. We are also able to handle spent lithium-ion batteries which must be stored separately to lead acid types due to the extra fire risk if not handled responsibly. There may be an additional cost for disposal of Non-Lead Acid chemistries.
SEC UK takes its Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and will offer not only a recycling service but will guide companies and establishments in setting up their own recycling procedure should they wish.
- All batteries collected will be recycled.
- Tailored customer waste collections avaiable upon request.
- We always provide the documentation required to meet legislative requirements ruling at the time of collection.
- All collections requiring weighing are done so by using 'weights and measures' approved weighing equipment.
- We will never dispose of material in a manner that contradicts customer's requirements.
- Batteries will be collected within 10 days of collection request.
- No batteries will be sold for re-use.
And The Best